New In and Loving | April 2018

By Shauna Jones - 9:41:00 pm

Before kicking off this post I thought it would be rude of me not to say hello. I recently decided to re-launch this blog which I originally created back in 2014. Back then it was called Blushh, and as you can see, the re-launch comes with a slight name change to Blush Beauty. As the new name suggests I'll still be writing about my love of beauty but have decided to take a slight lifestyle approach which will allow me to focus on my love of other things such as food, fashion and the TV and film industries. A lot has changed since I previously wrote here and as a current uni student I've been looking for more productive ways to spend my spare time, what better way to fill that time than to write about the things I love, eh?

Throughout March and the first week or so of April, I've ended up with a fair amount of new beauty bits. I don't actually know how I've managed to shop so much when considering my current bank balance but somehow I found a way to justify spending my last pennies on new makeup. I blame the huge hype around Revolution's potential Tarte Shape Tape dupe for persuading me to buy their concealer but am yet to come up with an excuse for buying the rest of these products...



Revolution Conceal & Define concealer in C1 | £4 | here


I'm sure you've all heard about this new concealer and if you haven't then I'd urge you to run to your nearest Superdrug store and pick one up, if you can manage to get your hands on one that is. Revolution's Conceal and Define has been tricky to find since its launch due to the many rave reviews  and claims that its a dupe for the cult Tape Shape concealer by Tarte. I haven't tried the Tarte Shape Tape and so can't vouch for those claims but as an affordable concealer that gives great coverage and comes in a shade light enough to brighten my fair skin, I'm well and truly sold. The concealer comes in a whopping 18 shades, fabulous coming not only from the drugstore but from a concealer range in general. It's great to see brands listening to and fulfilling customer needs. As I mentioned, the Conceal and Define gives great coverage, hiding my dark circles and even works well to cover blemishes and the redness that comes with them. But be warned, a little really does go a long way. The only downfall for me is that the concealer dries down very matte something I'm not usually a fan of under the eyes, but for the price, coverage and shade I'll happily continue to use this. It's actually become my go-to concealer, beating my beloved Collection Lasting Perfection.


Loreal False Lash X Fiber in Extreme Black | £10.99 | here


Loreal have always been a go-to brand for me when it comes to choosing a new mascara but since Val Garland was appointed their global makeup director, Loreal's mascaras have gotten better with each launch. Val Garland, for those of you who aren't familiar with her work, is huge in the beauty industry. I discovered her after watching Sali Hughes' 'In the bathroom with' video, if you haven't seen it i'd definitely recommend giving it a watch! But back to the mascara. In general, I stay away from fibre mascaras due to their reputation of flaking and leaving you with panda eyes by the end of the day but made an exception for this two-step mascara after hearing lots of rave reviews. The lengthening fibres are to be layered on top of its primer and can be continued to be layered until you're left with enough drama and length to suit your look. I love the way it leaves my lashes looking and haven't noticed any smudging as of yet, something which I find a lot with other mascaras due to my oily skin.


Tanya Burr Selfie Sculpt brow pencil in Fair | £6.49 | here


Being blonde and fairly pale, I find it tricky to find brow pencils that work well with the shade of my hair and am always on the hunt for something that isn't too dark or too warm toned. I've used plenty of Tanya Burr products in the past and have really enjoyed using them so when I noticed her Selfie Sculpt brow pencil was reduced to 99p in Superdrug I had to give it a try! I'm not sure if this means that her products are being discontinued in Superdrug but I stocked up just incase, and since then have checked on Feel Unique where the brand is also stocked and they seem to be selling as usual, hmm? The pencil itself is ashy in colour, and thick and rectangular in shape. I'm used to using a thinner tipped pencil but after playing around with this I found that it makes filling in the brows much quicker, which is always a bonus. The packaging is very pretty and comes with a nice sized spooly on the other end, perfect to throw in your bag for on the go touch ups.


Dr Organic Manuka Honey Rescue Cream | £9.49 | here 


For the past 2/3 years I've struggled with eczema on and around the eyelids, something which has become worse with each flare up (a post all about my struggle with eyelid eczema/dermatitis is coming soon). I'm currently in the process of trying to figure out what it is that triggers these flare ups but in the mean time have been scouring the internet in search of products to calm it. This cream from Dr Organics really does rescue my skin as its name suggests! It's emollient in formula which works to nourish, soothe and restore my dry skin and due to being made up of natural ingredients is suitable for using on sensitive or irritated skin. I dot a finger tipped amount of this under my eyes every morning and night and so far it seems to be working very well! Some people may not be a fan of its strong scent but I've come to enjoy it. Although it's scented, something which those with sensitive skin tend to avoid, it doesn't irritate in the slightest. I'd definitely recommend giving it a go if you're suffering with dry, eczema prone skin.


Primark Makeup Remover flannel | £1.50


If you buy one thing this week, make it this flannel. I don't know the science behind it (watch Nadine Baggott's video here for that) but this works like magic at removing my makeup. Since having had some really bad eczema flare ups lately I've been really careful with the products I've been using so when I heard this flannel could remove my makeup without any cleanser (and for £1.50!!!!) I had to try it. I'm usually a double cleanser and wouldn't usually remove my makeup with only water but didn't want to irritate my skin any more than I already had, I've since tried this along side my usual cleanser and it makes washing my face even more effective than using a normal flannel. Even using only water, every last speck of my makeup was removed, even my mascara! I don't know how it does it but it does. I'm heading straight to Primark tomorrow to stock up on some more.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments