Review: Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow

By Unknown - 5:44:00 pm

I know I know, I'm pretty late on the bandwagon with these ones but am now just as obsessed with them as everyone else seems to be! I bought this a few months ago now and wanted to really try it out before doing a post on it and so have been experimenting and have tried to use it with other products to see what it works well with (and what it doesn't work so well with). I only have this is one shade, 'On and On Bronze',  but I think I have chosen well, as it is a very versatile shade and can be worn alone when built up slightly or as a base which is what I use it for most of the time. I'm definitely going to be purchasing more asap!!



First off, I love the packaging, it's very simple, compact and easy to tell which shade you have due to the glass pot (for those who have built up quite a collection, which I will no doubt do soon!). The range offers quite a few neutral, easy to wear shades but also has a few crazy colours which I am definitely not brave enough to wear but I'm sure could look great on some people. I do wish, however, that Maybelline would bring out some shades similar to painterly and ochre by Mac which I know a lot of people love to use as a flesh toned eye shadow base, as it would make the range even more appealing and versatile. 



My favourite thing about this product is the fact that a little really does go a long way. This is the best drugstore creme shadow I have used so far as it is so creamy and easy to blend and can be easily built up for a more dramatic look. As I said this is very creamy in texture and is very comfortable to wear as it doesn't feel heavy or sticky as some creme shadows do. A lot of people compare these to the Mac Paint Pots which I have just bought but haven't tried it out yet, maybe when I have used it for a while I could do a comparisons post? This particular shade has a slight shimmer to it, which when blended doesn't look too harsh, but of course if you wanted to you could build it up. This is perfect for both day and night as it is very long lasting and comfortable to wear and doesn't become greasy or slide off half way through the day as some cream shadows do.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this shadow for anyone who is looking to dabble with cream shadows as it is so easy to use and looks great! It's very affordable and definitely worth a try before spurlging on a higher end product.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This looks such a good product and your post solidifies that!. I keep meaning to pick it up from Boots!

    Candidly Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great product and very affordable too x

      Delete