Makeup Brush Storage

By Unknown - 5:00:00 pm

Over the past year or so, I have built up quite a collection of makeup brushes. It's not crazy big like some beauty bloggers/youtubers but it's pretty big for someone like me. There are still more brushes that I want to get my hands on, but until then, I still have all of the brushes that I 'need'. I say 'need' but does anyone need this many brushes, really?! I just can't resist buying new brushes and have my eye on the rose gold Zoeva brushes and also the new Real Techniques collection! So, on to the brushes.




Storage - As you can see from the photos, I store my brushes in two pots. I have one of the bigger cream pots from Ikea that seem to be a must have for beauty bloggers atm, and store my bigger brushes in here. I love this as it is the perfect size for storing my bigger brushes, not too short that you can't really see the brushes so makes it much easier when picking them out. I store my smaller brushes - mostly eye brushes - in another pot/cup from Ikea which I bought a really long time ago now but and which was at first too tall for the brushes so just put a few cotton wool balls at the bottom

Brands - My favourite brand for makeup brushes has to be Real Techniques as although they are so affordable they are amazing quality! They were the first brand that I bought any of my brushes from and have now got most of the collection. I also have two brushes from Mac which I love but that were pretty pricey compared to the brands that I usually buy from, but were so worth it! I use them every single day and they are still in the same condition that they were when I first bought them. Some of the other brands that I have bought brushes from are Elf, Ecotools and have even bought a few from Ebay which were surprisingly very good!

This was just a quick post about how I store my brushes but I'm definitely going to do a post on my brush collection where I will go into more detail about each of my brushes and also will include my top five brushes that I couldn't possibly live without!!






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Ecotools are my favourite brushes! Soooo soft... x

    Lizzie Rose Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these ikea pots, I have sooo many! Brushes, pens, and random things that don't have a home, I put everything in them! Real Technique are definitely my favourite and not over rated!

    Clothing Conscious // Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't warm up to using those ikea pots for makeup storage. just didn't work for me, I use coffee mugs instead but cute pix x
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep the exact same pots :D xx
    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use old Yankee Candle jars for mine, these are so much prettier though x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that's such a cute idea, I bet it looks really good!x

      Delete
  6. So many brushes!! I find it hard keeping my 5 clean! Those Ikea pots are lovely, they are great for Brushes.

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are great and so affordable too!x

      Delete
  7. I think its much better to only keep brushes that you really use, so good on you for doing that!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, although this looks a lot, and of course I don't use all on a daily basis, I still get an awful lot of use out of them x

      Delete
  8. I've nominated you for the Liebster award so check on my blog for the details xxx
    Dalal :) monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous of your collection! I love the Real Techniques brushes!

    xChelle
    http://destination22.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Real Techniques are the best aren't they?! :)

      Delete