Review: Nars Virtual Domination Palette

By Unknown - 10:00:00 am

I was so excited when I saw this advertised, way before Christmas now, and it was the first thing to go on my Christmas list! Nars is a brand that I've always lusted over yet never got around to actually trying any of their products, so when I saw this I thought that it would be the perfect time/product to try out. This retailed at £45 and was an exclusive to Spacenk and possibly Sephora for those in America (please correct me if I'm wrong!), and unfortunately is no longer available due to it being their limited edition product that they bring out each year. I have been using at least one of the products from this palette almost everyday since I got it  and I love it! 

First of all, do I even need to say anything about the packaging?! It's such lovely change from Nars' usual simple, yet sleek black packaging and is a lot thicker than most of the palettes that I own which I love as it feels very sturdy, yet I know a lot of people do not like this as it makes it a bit too bulky for travel. However, if you don't mind this taking up some extra room it means that you won't have to take separate blush, highlighter or bronzing products as this has all three in one compact palette which is very handy and right up my street!


As you can see from the photo below, this palette contains five products, three blush shades, one highlight shade and a bronzer. Of course they have included their iconic bronze shade, Laguna, and have made it bigger than the rest of the shades which I think is great as so far it has been my most used shade. 


The highlight shade, 'Miss Liberty' is super shimmering so if your not into the whole highlight thing, then this probably isn't for you, but I think that it would look amazing for a night out! I have used this a few times so far and have just applied it very lightly to the high points of my cheek bones with my Real Techniques contour brush. 

Out of the three blush shades, Deep Throat, Final Cut and Sex Fantasy, Deep Throat has to be my favourite as it reminds me of Mac's blush in Dainty which was my all time favourite blush shade for sooo long, yet think I might just be converted with Deep Throat.

At first, I was worried that Laguna would be too dark for my pale complexion but actually I was pleasantly surprised and have been using this most days. 

(Clockwise from top left-bottom left) Miss Liberty, Deep Throat, Laguna, Final Cut, Sex Fantasy.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments