Makeup Starter Kit

By Unknown - 11:30:00 am

I've been ready a lot of these types of posts lately, although I already have a pretty reasonable makeup collection, I still really enjoy ready them. I wish I had read this type of post when I was starting out as I had all sorts of makeup but no idea whether they would work for my skin or how to apply them! I know not all of these are essential when starting out but I wanted to include something for everyone and so you can pick and chose the products that you feel are best for you!




Base

Revlon Colorstay Foundation - This is a great foundation for all skin types as it comes in two different formulas, one for oily-combination skin and the other for normal-dry skin. This is my go to foundation as it gives great coverage and can be built up if needed, this lasts all day so theres no need for a primer and is very affordable at £12.49. 

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - Honestly, I'm not one for BB creams as I need the extra coverage that foundation gives, but of course not everyone does. I haven't actually used this particular one but i've read some very good reviews on it and know someone who uses and loves this. This is another affordable base at £7.99

Loreal True Match Foundation - At first I wasn't the biggest fan of this foundation, I guess I just want't used to such a light weight foundation but I have to admit that it's growing on me. I think it would be great for anyone starting out too, and is only £9.99!

Mac Studio Fix Fluid - If you would prefer to splurge a little on your foundation then the one that I recommend, for combination/oily skin in particular, is Mac's Studio Fix. It gives a matte finish and is long lasting however is a bit pricier at £21.50.


Powder

Bourjois Healthy Balance - This is my all time favourite powder and a new discovery of mine. This is perfect for setting foundation/concealor giving a slight matte finish yet still looking healthy and glowing. You can pick this up from Boots and is £8.99.

Rimmel Stay Matte - A powder that I know longer use due to it being too matte for my skin, but which would be great for those on the oiler side, is this one by Rimmel. There is a good shade range but for those unsure of what shade to pick up I'd go for a transparent one which you can't really go wrong with. This one is even cheaper than the Bourjois powder and is only £3.99.


Concealor

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealor - This is that drugstore concealor that's had an awful lot of hype in the blogging community and it is honestly worth it! This is a very high coverage concealor so it great for anyone with acne prone skin although wouldn't recommend this for under the eyes as I find it a bit too thick for that. An added bonus is that this costs under five pound at £4.19.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealor - This is a great all round concealor but especially for under the eyes. This is super creamy and a great dupe for the Nars concealor that everyone seems to love and is way cheaper at £5.99.




Blush 

Sleek Blush By 3 Palette - These palettes are so affordable at £9.99 for three blushes and there is usually at least one cream blush in these palettes. My particular favourites are Pink Lemonade, which includes two powder and one cream blush, and Californ.i.a, which is an all cream blush palette which is super bendable and easy to use.


Bronzer/Contour

Body Shop Honey Bronzer - This is the perfect bronzer for those fairer girls especially, but also beginners as it is so light and easy to build up. This is £13 so is slightly pricey but is definitely worth it!

Sleek Contour Kit - Of course, contouring isn't essential, especially when starting out but I though I'd include this as it's great for beginners. This kit includes both a contour and highlight shade and is very affordable at £6.49 and comes in three shades, light, medium and dark.



Eyeshadow

Mua Eyeshadow Palettes - Again, this isn't an essential step to everyones makeup routine but if you are looking to start out working with eyeshadows then MUA is a great place to start as most of their palettes come in at only £4 which is a complete bargain when your getting 12 shades which are a very good quality considering the price.

Makeup Revolution Eyeshadow Palettes - Similarly to Mua eyeshadow palettes, these palettes are £4 for 12 shadows and are very good quality. They are super bendable and have some really good dupes for the Naked Palettes too!

Maybelline Colour Tattoos - These work great as bases for eyeshadow or even just on their own. They are very similar to the Mac Paint pot's which are much more expensive considering these are only £4.99.


Mascara

Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara - Mascara is that product which you have to really experiment and try out a few before finding the right one for you but I really like this one from Soap and Glory which is £10, and gives a really great amount of volume.

Maybelline The Colossal Lash Mascara - This is another voluminsing mascara that works great for me and is only £7.19.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

52 comments

  1. The Sleek blush pallets are definitely on my 'To Buy' list.
    And I totally agree that the Maybelline Colour Tattoos are dupes for the MAC Paintpot.

    Skin Deep Beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give them a try! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great make up starter kit, nothing too bold and beautiful shades! These are great products to, especially the dupe! Rebecca || Rebecca Marie | UK Lifestyle Blog
    Instagram | Bloglovin | Pinterest xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only discovered Bourjois healthy glow & I'm loving it, so good on my skin xo

    Halcyon Velvet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It's so so good, definitely worth giving a go!

      Delete
  5. Great makeup starter kit !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was absolutely amazed how much I truly loved Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer when I started using it, it's a must have now.
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it? So happy that I got around to trying it x

      Delete
  7. Loving that post and the pictures :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great post lovely. I wish there was more like this when I was first starting out with makeup. True match is a gorgeous foundation and Sleek just do the best face products don't they :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! The True Match is really growing on me atm and yes! Sleek are just amazing :)

      Delete
  9. Hey, I've just come across your blog & I love it!! Currently binge-reading haha! Do you mind me asking what camera you use? & do you have lighting or do you just use natural? I'm new to blogging so trying things out at the minute & your images are lovely!
    My blog is Life by Bethany if you get chance I'd love to hear what you think of it so far! Bethany XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, glad you like it! And I just use my iPhone and natural light then use IPhoto on my Mac to edit. Hope this helped x

      Delete
  10. Revlon Colourstay foundation was actuallt my first ever foundation! I really love it and it's got lots of shades to choose from too. x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an amazing foundation isn't it?! :)

      Delete
  11. Oh, I'm really terrible at makeup so this basics are quite useful! Have a nice day,
    Vera

    The Flash Window | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it helped! And thanks lovely, you too :)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Happy that it could be of some use to you! x

      Delete
  13. These tips are great...I agree on most of the products (and have to check out the rest)...I actually bought the Sleek 3 by 3 to get my mom started...and ended up buying one for myself!
    Meg of An Affair of Character

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad they helped and thinking about it, my mum would also love this palette so will defo have to get her one to try x

      Delete
  14. I love the choices you've put in this post and a few of these were some of my first beauty products :) True Match and Colourstay are definitely the best drugstore foundations in my opinion and the Collection concealer is so affordable. The Bourjois powder is something I use every day too! The colour tattoos are so easy to apply and MUA and Makeup Revolution do such great affordable palettes. The sleek blusher palettes are fab too - one of the first beauty products I got obsessed with ;) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are so many great products from the drugstore to get people started out with makeup x

      Delete
  15. I love Revlon Colorstay, it's one of my favourites and those palletes are beautiful! ♥ Great starter kit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The revlon foundation is my all time favourite foundation atm x

      Delete
  16. What about lips?? I love your picks, except for the brands that I can't get in Canada, it's funny, I just recently posted a similar post, it's interesting to see everyone favorite makeup picks!
    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to check out you post! I know I realised I'd forgotten lips after posting but I was thinking of putting up my lipstick collection sometime soon x

      Delete
  17. I love the Revlon Colorstay Foundation! It's the best!

    X Marjolein
    http://misscocoblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. No problem, hope you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really want to try that Maybelline concealer! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitively give it a go, it's one of the best that I've tried from the drugstore x

      Delete
  20. Oooh, looks beautiful! I love my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and I'll have to try those Sleek blushes soon <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the Collection concealer, it's so cheap but you can't beat it!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's such a great drugstore product x

      Delete
  22. I own one thing from each like section! I love the collection concealer and definitely think it will be my go to for a very long time x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. How lovely are these. Would love it if you could check out my latest March favourites post!
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love 

    ReplyDelete
  24. That fit me concealer is my absolute favourite!

    I have the nars custard concealer and I much prefer the fit me! xxx

    lotsofloveliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really love that shadow palette! I tend to stick to the bare minimum when doing my own makeup.

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing picks, this post will be so useful for me to make a shoping list for when I go to London! Love your blog, wanna follow each other? Let me know in my blog so I can follow you back lovely <3

    http://rustorstardust.blogspot.pt/ **

    ReplyDelete