Review: Mac Paint Pot in Painterly

By Unknown - 9:26:00 pm

I have finally gotten around to purchasing one of Mac's Paint Pot's and decided on this neutral, flesh toned shade, Painterly. I'm sure you've all came across this being raved about by countless bloggers/youtubers and now I completely understand what all of the fuss was about! I picked this up due to wanting a product that would act as a long lasting base for eyeshadows whilst also covering any discolouration on the lids and this is just perfect for that. I picked this up from Debenhams for £15.50 and they also have a range of shades to choose from which is a bonus! However, I know for some this may be a bit pricey but I've recently written a review on the Maybelline Colour Tatoos which are an amazing drugstore alternative.





As with all Mac products the packaging is very sleek and minimal and comes in this glass pot which makes it easy to see the shade inside, great for those who have more than one shade. This particular shade, which you can see from the swatch below, would be great for fair to medium toned skin due to it being a light flesh toned shade. I use my finger to pick up the product, only needing a small amount to do the job, and then pat it onto the lids. I find that patting the product on works best as it reduces creasing which I found to happen more when almost sweeping it onto the lid. As I said, you only need a small amount of this product as a little really does go a long way and I use it to apply all over the lid and even over the crease area. I do have a lot of discolouration on the lids due to my pale skin showing veins and redness a lot around the eye area, and this product works really well to cover it and lasts all day too! 





Although this is a little pricey, it's definitely worth paying that bit extra as this product is probably the best cream shadow that I've found so far as it works very well as a base for your eyeshadow, as well as staying put!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. That shade is gorgeous!
    I've been umming and arring over buying some of the Mac eye creams and you've swayed me, these looks amazing!
    ♥ Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color! It would make an amazing base or even a crease color!
    Alexis @ thelittlebrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love Mac paint pots, Groundwork is my favourite, such a gorgeous neutral. This looks like the perfect, natural base colour... seriously need to splurge and purchase one :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely worth the splurge, go for it! :) I'll have to try out that shade, I've just googled it and it looks amazing x

      Delete
  4. I've never tried these, they sound like a really great base though x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post has reminded me to use it more often xD It's currently very neglected!
    Casey/Atopsyturvyblog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Mac paint pots! They are my favorite cream shadows :)
    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have become my favourite too, don't know how I managed before them :)

      Delete
    2. I always use this as a base for my eyeshadow, it's my favourite MAC Paint Pot :)

      Rebecca Coco

      Delete
    3. It's such a great base isn't it! :)

      Delete