Review: Urban Decay Naked Smoky

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

I've recently gotten my hands on the newest addition to Urban Decay's 'Naked' line - the Naked Smoky. Of course, I was beyond excited to try this palette out after sitting at my laptop, counting down the days until it was available to order. Although I'm not usually one for a smoky eye I was intrigued by this palette and wanted to give it a try for myself - and you know what? I have been loving it!





Urban Decay have once again upped their game when it comes to packaging. The Naked Smoky comes in a hard plastic palette which snaps shut with a small magnet at either end, making it a lot more secure than the Naked 3 which mine has actually broken and no longer closes properly. The look of this palette has to be my favourite of the six palettes in the range as it has a very sleek look about it.

The shades in this palette are gorgeous, and I feel as if there is something for everyone. With everything from a creamy beige, to jet black, you can create an endless amount looks with this. I have left a brief description of each of the shades below, as well as swatches. As with the other Naked palettes, the shadows are of great quality. They are pigmented, easy to blend and you don't get an awful lot of fall out either. 




'High' - A champagne shimmer with micro-glitter.

'Dirtysweet' - A medium bronze.

'Radar' - Metallic silver-taupe with iridescent micro-glitter.

'Armor' - Metallic silver-taupe with tonal sparkle.

'Slanted' - A light metallic grey.

'Dagger' - Medium charcoal with micro-shimmer.

'Black Market' - Jet black satin.

'Smoulder' - Deep plum - taupe.

'Password' - Cool taupe matte.

'Whiskey' - Rich brown matte.

'Combust' - Soft pink taupe.

'Thirteen' - Light beige satin.


Have you gotten the chance to try this palette out yet? What's your favourite shade?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. This looks like such a great palette - I want it so badly xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packaging and everything looks so pretty&pigmented!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the packaging is lovely - much better than the previous ones! xx

    Karan| studentbeautyhack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've really upped their games when it comes to packaging! x

      Delete
  4. Love the packing! Thanks for this review♥♥
    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gahhhh I need this palette! Such lovely swatches and that packaging, swooooooon! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't so sure if I wanted this one but after reading this post I definitely want it! So many gorgeous shades x
    han // em&han xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same but reading a few reviews made me feel as if I needed it!! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm still very undecided about this palette, as I just feel like I won't use a lot of the shades. The more reviews I read the more intrigued I become so it's definitely one I need to check out in store x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Definitely give it a good old swatch in store and see what you think x

      Delete
  8. the packaging is soooo pretty, but I think I will pass on this one ... there is so many more palettes I want at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  9. you really cannot go wrong with an urban decay palette, will definitely have to get my hands on one of these!

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urban Decay palettes are some of my favourites!! x

      Delete
  10. Hi I've just nominated you for the Love/ hate tag over on my blog! xx

    www.thefashionwayx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cannot wait to get this - did you get it on the internet?

    Great post! Charlotte x

    http://shillysossage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it :) I ordered mine from Debenhams online x

      Delete
  12. Great post :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have wanted to try this out for so long, lovely review.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have wanted to try this out for so long, lovely review.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete