5 Reasons Why You Should Switch To Hot-cloth Cleansing

By Unknown - 9:00:00 am


My skin has changed dramatically since I switched to hot-cloth cleansing, and in this post I will let you know of some of the reasons why you should make the switch. My skin is combination-oily, but also slightly spot prone and since switching to this method of cleansing my skin has become less oily and I have less spots! I use this method both morning and night and which is so quick and easy to do.

I've recently set up an Instagram page for my blog (@blushhx) so would love it if you could leave your Instagram names below! :)




It's simple and fuss free but affective! - Hot cloth cleansing couldn't be easier. Apply your cleanser. Soak your cloth in warm water (the hotter the better, but of course not so hot that you burn). Wipe off your makeup, or if your not wearing any, wipe in circular motions over the skin. Easy. This usually takes me much less than five minutes. 

Removes all makeup and leaves skin feeling thoroughly cleansed - Using this method of cleansing removes all of my makeup and makes for a fairly deep cleanse. I've tested this method by taking a cotton pad with some makeup remover on over my face after cleansing and see no left over makeup or residue on the cotton pad.

No need for expensive 'muslin cloths' flannels work just as well, if not better! - I personally prefer a more abrasive cheap flannel from the likes of Tesco or Ikea as they exfoliate the skin as well as remove dirt. 

Cheaper than popular electrical devices - Forget the Clarasonic and it's ridiculously huge price tag and pick up a pack of 4 for only £1.10!! (You can find them at Ikea, here). Although my electronic cleansing brush is a more affordable alternative to its high end counter parts, I still prefer the overall usage of a good old flannel.


All you will need is a good cleanser - Whether it be an oil, cream or balm cleanser (I prefer to stay away from foaming washes, although there are some exceptions, foams tend to be drying on my skin), almost any type of cleanser works well with this method. 


Do you use this method of cleansing?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I have just started doing this and am loving it for my skin at the moment xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The benefits are great! My skin has completely changed x

      Delete
  2. I used to hot cloth cleanse but I really like using an oil and giving my face a good massage. I'll try a hot cloth tonight actually! xxx

    Karan| studentbeautyhack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually use an oil, then use a hot cloth to remove it and it's work fabulously! Maybe combine the two and see what you think x

      Delete
  3. I find hot cloth cleansers so effective, quick and easy, I'm on a mission to convert all my friends from face wipes! For me I don't mind buying muslin cloths as they are very cheap in places like Home Bargains, the main annoyance is them always being in the wash all at once haha xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty | High-End Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, Caroline Hirons would be proud! I know what you mean, I must have at least 10 lying around the house but they always seem to be in the wash x

      Delete
  4. I could not agree with you more! I use the Liz Earle cleanse and polish and that really works so well for me. I suffer with bad breakouts from time to time and using a hot cloth cleanser helped me tremendously!! Wicked post girl, & I am also really loving you blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have seen a dramatic change i my skin since switching to this method, its great what a simple change in your skincare routine can do for you x

      Delete