Review: MAC Blot Powder

By Unknown - 10:30:00 am

I bought the MAC blot pressed powder around christmas time due to not being able to find a powder that didn’t make my foundation look very layered and cakey. I went into the MAC store and explained what I was looking for and was suggested this powder and was matched to the shade ‘Medium Dark’ which actually isn’t dark at all as ironically I am fairly pale. This powder is a lot pricier than any you would get from the drugstore and retails at £20.50 which at first was a bit annoying but after using it only a few times it was clear that it was worth the money! 



This powder is designed to stop the skin from looking oily when lightly layered over foundation and any other base products. The lady who matched me with this powder explained that it wouldn’t really give much coverage which it doesn’t, but I find is great for setting my foundation. I tend to apply this around the T-zone area as well as applying it over any areas that I have applied concealer as I find that it’s sets it really well and helps to prevent the concealer from wearing away as quickly as it usually would without any powder to set it.


As well as this being an amazing powder, I love the packaging. It's really simple but I like that. It's made with a hard black plastic which means you can easily wipe this clean if it gets a bit grubby. The fact that it has a mirror in makes it really handy when reapplying the powder throughout the day and also means that you can pop it in your bag and use the mirror.


Overall, I think this powder is great for people with oily/combination skin.  Even though it's on the pricier side I think it's well worth the money and I will definitely be repurchasing this!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments