5 Things I've Been Getting Up To This Summer

By Unknown - 11:00:00 am

Usually my summers are fairly boring. Starting the summer with a list of ideas of things my friends and I are going to do only to realise that weeks have past and we haven't actually gotten around to doing any of those said things. This summer has been a little different though. I've actually gotten around to doing the things I had planned and have had a really good few weeks (minus a few hiccups along the way!). 


1. Went to the beach! 

This is something that is an essential part of the summer holidays. This year, instead of visiting the same old beaches, me and a few of my friends have taken a drive to some smaller, more hidden away beaches, and to my delight, beaches that were made up of pebbles and not sand! I don't know about you but I can't stand sandy beaches as I always end up finding sand in random places for weeks after. 

We bought an ice cream and some chips and took a stroll along the pier. We then found a place to sit ourselves for the next few hours on the beach and had a good and well overdue catch up.








2. Went to a castle!

I'm the 'boring' friend who likes to go to castles and museums. Luckily I've found a few friends who share my love for stereotypically boring days out so last week I had a lovely stroll through Chepstow Castle. I hadn't been in years so it was great to see it again.





3. Found the cutest little cafe!

Whilst out one day, my mum and I found the cutest cafe. It was hidden amongst a row of houses and was the perfect place to stop for an hour or so. I ordered a salad (which I never do!) and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Of course I had to order a slice of cake too so had a very tasty slice of chocolate and banana loaf cake. All of the food in the cafe was made with organic ingredients and most were produced locally which I think is great!





4. Went Pokemon Hunting!


Yes. I have been playing Pokemon Go and yes I actually went out to with the sole intention to catch some. Of course I didn't go alone. My friend and I have done a lot of walking this summer because of this app and have been to places that we wouldn't usually go to. Are any of you playing and if you are what team did you choose? (nerd alert!!)




5. Had a lot of lazy days!


Another essential part of summer is to have lazy days, days dedicated to doing nothing just because you can. Today is one of those days. My week has been jam packed so I've decided to stay at home and get some blog posts written whilst rewatching Pretty Little Liars.





What have you been getting up to this summer?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Loved reading this! Sounds like you had so much fun! Please check out my new post.

    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove

    Twitter @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had beaches near by! I love lazy days the best :) xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've had a great time!! I love all of your photos!! <3 Lovely post!

    Amelia | Amelia Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. This literally sounds like my ideal weekend! :) I really want to start PLL but I feel like I have so much to watch already haha! The chocolate and banana loaf sounds like heaven - there's nothing better than finding cute cafes! :)

    Tania | www.teabeeblog.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PLL is the perfect show to binge watch, even though I think I've re-watched it about five times already haha! I agree, the cake was perfect! :)

      Delete
  5. Team Mystic here from California, U.S.A.! :D <3 lol I have actually been trying so hard to buy the pokemon heartgold for the DS but prices are doubled in price and bidding on it online has been a righteous pain in the butt! lol

    And I love the castle! That's on my to do list hopefully one day! It looks absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete