Current Favourite Highlighter Combination

By Unknown - 11:00:00 am

Highlighters have become a core part of most people's makeup routines but finding the right one can be a tricky task as there are so many to choose from. From drugstore to high end, highlighters are everywhere. I recently realised that out of all of the highlighters that I have tried out, I keep going back to the same two, either using them alone or layered together. 

Although I'm not keen on an overly intense highlighted look, I do love the way that a little highlighter dusted over the cheekbones, nose and cupids bow adds a healthy glow to the skin and pulls together a makeup look. I prefer to use a cream highlighter as a base then layer a powder over top for a longer lasting highlight. 




After applying my base, either using my fingers or a brush, I take a small amount of No 7's Instant Radiance Highlighter Stick and apply it where the light naturally hits the face. The formula is very creamy in texture however I find that applying it straight from the stick tends to move the makeup underneath. The soft champagne colour looks very natural on the skin and is fairly pigmented so there is no need to layer heaps of this colour on in order to build up colour.

Sometimes I will apply just a cream highlight however if I want an extra oomph of highlight I like to apply Mac's Mineralise Skin Finish in 'Soft and Gentle', a somewhat of a cult classic in the blogging world. This highlighter is intensely pigmented so I like to use a duo fibre brush for a more subtle finish. Again this is champagne in colour however is more warm toned and is a colour that I think a lot of people could get away with wearing. 


What are your current highlight favourites?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I haven't tried No 7's highlighter stick but it sounds quite good! Lovely post.

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really great, i'd definitely recommend :)

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of the this highlighter stick as I've been looking for a champagne coloured highlighter. One of my favourites is Benefit High Beam :) great post
    A Blushing Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try, it's cheaper than Benefit High Beam too! I've never actually tried any Benefit highlighters but I've heard good things x


      Delete
  3. Oh that combination is just stunning. I love the no7 stick highlighter I will need to dig that out of my stash as you have just reminded of it!
    Great post!
    L x
    thequietresolution.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Soft n' Gentle! It's my favorite highlighters, it's intense but not as crazy as Mary Lou. I would love to try stick highlighters, I love a subtle highlight for everyday, plus I'm lazy :)

    Cy | Dulce de Mango

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty! I haven't tried Mary Lou still:(

      Delete
  5. Soft And Gentle is such a beautiful highlighter, I always go back to it. I like to use it by it's own but I'm going to try to apply a bit of Benefit's Watt's Up underneath to amp it up :) x

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete