Products I've Been Loving This Month: JULY

By Unknown - 4:00:00 pm

July was a good month for me makeup wise. I've nailed down a routine that I'm happy with and have a few key products that I have been alternating between. July was also a good month for skincare when I was forced to try out something new when I woke up to an empty pot of my favourite moisturiser one dreary morning! I'm also getting back into the swing of things blogging wise and have been making endless lists and notes on the things I'd like to get done in the month of August (perhaps starting with an August blogging goals post?).




My Mac Eyeshadow Palette - My first favourite of July is my almost complete eyeshadow palette by Mac. I have been using this non-stop at the moment as it is so easy to create multiple looks with the shadows clearly organised in one place. Two shades in particular that I've been loving are Swiss Chocolate (the newest addition to the palette), and All That Glitters (an oldie but a goodie!).

Maybelline Fit Me concealor and Loreal Match Perfect Concealor - I have gone a little concealor mad lately and the combination of these two is just perfect! I start with Fit Me under the eyes, around and down the nose and on the chin then apply a little Match Perfect overtop to highlight. Blended out with my Real Techniques Complexion Sponge leaves the skin looking flawlessly smooth and perfected. I also enjoy the fact that both are from the drugstore so are very easy on my bank balance!

Rimmel lipstick by Kate Moss in '38' - I have finally found my perfect pinky nude! Like other Rimmel lipsticks, '38' applies easily leaving a creamy finish on the lips. It lasts a decent amount of time without having to touch up and is incredibly comfy to wear throughout the day. Recently I've been applying a touch on Tanya Burr's 'Lunch Date' gloss in the centre for a shiny finish.

Stridex Maximum Strength Pads - Now on to a skincare item that has saved my skin. I'm sure that I've mentioned these previously but for those not familiar with the product these are facial pads containing a high percentage of salicylic acid which works to prevent or get rid of acne. Unlike acne clearing pads that many of us would have been familiar with in our early teens, these contain no alcohol so do not dry out the skin or strip it of it's natural oils.

Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion - When I ran out of my trusty Body Shop Aloe Soothing Day Cream I decided to work my way through this Benefit Sample and as it turns out, it was surprisingly nice on the skin. It is oil free so it perfect for us who have a slightly more oily complexion, however leaves the skin feeling lightly moisturised and ready for makeup application.








  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Great review, all products are great and trusted, can't wait 'till you make a makeup post!

    Love,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get my hands on the fit me concealer, literally everyone raves about it!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love All That Glitters and Swiss Chocolate :) your MAC palette is really similar to my own!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Rimmel lipstick looks like such a gorgeous shade! I'll have to swatch it when I'm next out :) I've never tried any L'Oreal concealers but I love the True Match foundation so maybe I should give the concealer a go!

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete