New In + First Impressions: Rimmel, Nyx, Tanya Burr + More!

By Unknown - 9:00:00 am

Over the past month I have tried out a fair few new beauty products, both makeup and skincare so decided to let you know of my first impressions. My skin has finally gotten back to its normal self (fingers crossed!!) after having to put up with incredibly dry skin around my eyes and more spots than usual so I was excited to be able to test out some new makeup!

P.s. From next week onwards, I've decided to post on Monday and Wednesday although this may change when I get back to college but I plan to stick to this for the next few weeks!




Nivea Men Post Shave Balm - I have finally given in to my curiosity and picked up this highly raved about male beauty product/primer. As it turns out, I've been using this everyday since picking it up underneath my makeup and it really works! I won't go into too much detail as I was thinking about writing a review but in short in works to give an overall smoothed out look to the skin whilst prolonging the wear of your makeup.

Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads - Having heard Caroline Hirons rave about these in a recent blog post and video I decided to pick them up and try them for myself. They were also on offer at Superdrug at the time which made them even more of a deal breaker, although I can't remember their price (sorry!). I've tried the original version of these and got on well with them so thought I'd step it up a notch and go for a slightly stronger and more effective version.

Tanya Burr eyeshadow quad in 'Birthday Suit' - I was so excited when I saw Tanya Burr's video introducing the new collection in her makeup line! I saw this palette and knew it'd be right up my street. From first use I found the shadows to be incredibly buttery and easy to blend. All shadows are highly pigmented and are a combination of warm toned browns and taupes. 

Tanya Burr Matte Lip in 'Martha Moo' - Another product from Tanya's new collection, and again one that I was very impressed with, although I've seemed to have misplaced it already! The formula is very easy to apply and comfortable to wear with a decent wear time too.

Rimmel Lasting Perfection concealer - I was given this for my birthday and it has quickly become my favourite product to spot conceal with. It is high coverage and doesn't budge once applied. A review is coming soon.

Rimmel Exaggerate lip liner in 'Exaggerate' (swatch below) - I tried these liners in the past and loved them (especially the shade East End Snob) so decided to pick up another. As with the others the formula is great considering the price.

Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in '38' (swatch below) - If you've read my recent favourites post then you'll know how I feel about this lipstick. I have been using it non-stop since getting my hands on it and am obsessed with the colour, the perfect pink toned nude for my skin tone.

Maybelline Colour Drama Lipstick in 'Fuchsia Desire' (swatch below) - This is one that I haven't actually gotten around to trying yet so can't give you my first impression of it but wanted to include it anyway. The colour is a lovely bright pink and I can't wait until I get the chance to try it out!

Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creme in 'Athens' - I am very late on the Nyx band wagon but I must say that the two lip products that I have tried have impressed me. This is very comfortable to wear and the colour is an easy to wear, every day nude.

Nyx Butter Gloss in 'Tiramisu' - This gloss has been my go to lately as my lips have been unusually dry so have been wearing glosses over my usual lipsticks. I apply a liner then apply this over the top for a simple pink-nude lip.

(Left to Right) - Rimmel lipstick in '38', Nyx Matte Lip Creme in 'Athens', Nyx Butter Gloss in 'Tiramisu', Maybelline Colour Drama in 'Fuchsia Desire', Rimmel Exaggerate Liner in 'Addiction'.



What your favourite new product that you've tried?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great post, I really want to try some of Tanya's products I've heard great things!

    theButter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are definitely worth trying out x

      Delete
  2. Looks like you got some great products! The only one I've tried is Athens :) I'm really curious about Tanya's products, I haven't tried anything from her range yet!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Athens is a lovely shade! Her products are some of the best at the drugstore in my opinion x

      Delete
  3. Love this post, I'm a new nyx convert myself their products are amazing,

    Fowzia|Crazy4ties

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! From what I've tried, I can agree :)

      Delete