How I Clean my Makeup Brushes

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

Although it does seem like a chore at times, I always like to make sure that my makeup brushes are thoroughly cleansed. Not only does this prevent bacteria build up but it allows  makeup to go smoother and the overall finish to be a lot better than if you were to use a dirty brush. I aim to do this at least 2/3 times a month and like to spot clean in between if needed. There are so many products out there that are specifically targeted to cleanse makeup brushes, however I don't see the point of spending a lot of money on a brush cleaner when there are very simple ways to make your own. 


What I use to clean my brushes - To clean my brushes I usually use Johnson's Baby Shampoo as it's gentle enough not to damage the bristles yet deeply cleanses removing all traces of makeup.

How I clean my brushes - I begin by wetting the bristles by running them under warm water then adding a small amount of Johnson's Baby Shampoo. I then swirl the brush around in the palm of my hand whilst running the brush under the water every now and again stopping when the water runs clear. Once the brush is clean I lay it onto a towel and leave to dry over night. 


Above you can see photos of one of my brushes both before, and after cleaning!

How do you wash your brushes?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I am the worst at cleaning mine...its such a chore. Bookmarking this though for some inspo!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Hope you find this helpful x

      Delete
  2. I am seriously the worst when it comes to cleaning brushes, though I try to spot clean which makes me even more lazy to wash them, but your post gave a reminder to clean up my brushes haha thanks Xx.

    Sam \\ Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use baby shampoo to clean my brushes too, they smell amazing afterwards :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use baby shampoo too (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to be so bad at washing my make up brushes but recently I've become very strict about it! It looks like you have a lovely collection of brushes btw, gotta love Real Techniques :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just use an antibacterial hand soap & pump a few squirts and then just blend it through the brush! I just received the Sigma Spa Glove so I'm thinking it'll be even easier to wash my brushes now :) xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete