Dupes: Mac Lipstick in 'Please Me'

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

I have had a slight obsession with Mac lipsticks for a long time now, and one of my all time favourites is 'Please Me', my perfect pink lipstick. However, I have almost finished this lipstick so would have needed to repurchase sometime soon, until I found this one by Revlon. It is one of the Revlon Colorburst lip pencils, which I'd never tried before picking up this one in the shade '205 - Elusive'

The main difference between these two lipsticks is the price. Mac lipsticks retail at £15.50 whereas this one by Revlon cost me £7.99, which is much better for my bank account! 'Please Me' comes in your standard lipstick form which I actually prefer to the pencil form that the Revlon Colorburst balms come in. 

They both have a matte finish which is by far my favourite finish and are very comfortable to wear. 'Please Me's' staying power is amazing, like all other Mac lipsticks and don't feel the need to constantly reapply. 'Elusive' has pretty good staying power too, though is not as long lasting as 'Please Me'. Another thing I wanted to mention was the scent of 'Elusive', it's very different from any lipstick that I've used before. It has a very pleasant mint scent to it so is completely different to the Mac lipsticks  scent.






As you can see from the swatches, the shades are ridiculously similar (Left - 'Elusive, Right - 'Please Me'). This is also the case when applied which is amazing as I've gone though the Mac version so quickly!

I'm very happy about finding this dupe as 'Please Me' is my all time favourite, pink lipstick and to have an affordable alternative is always a bonus. Have any of you tried either of these lipsticks? Whats you favourite dupe?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. Whoa, it really looks super similar! Must try it out, since I love the 'please me' lipstick as well :)

    xo Mel || Sketch & Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Please Me has got to be one of my favourite lipsticks of all time (:

      Delete
  2. I have the shade Elusive, it's one I love and wear all the time (also as a cream blush) but I agree, the Mac lipsticks last longer.

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that one out, thanks for the tip! x

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this! I love the color~ *u*
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay that's very similar! I've never owned a MAC lipstick so it's good to see their dupes.

    Pop on over | Rachael Styles Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing lipsticks but if your looking for a more affordable option there are so many great dupes out there x

      Delete
  5. Great post! I have a Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry, which is quite similar to this one and I love that one!

    X Marjolein
    http://misscocoblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have to check that shade out x

      Delete
  6. Fab post! I have Elusive so I'm pretty glad it's a MAC dupe for half the price x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Finding dupes for Mac is great (:

      Delete
  7. I have genuinely considered getting Mac Please me SO much, so it's amazing to hear there's such a great dupe. Fab post lady :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can so imagine this shade on you! Thanks x

      Delete
  8. I have Elusive - it's such a gorgeous shade! I didn't even realise that it was a dupe, so that's exciting! Lovely post x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you liked it! I do love a good dupe (:

      Delete
  9. I have both of these as well! It is a lovely lil dupe and the Relvon Crayon is so affordable!

    Can't go wrong with MAC though ;)

    http://blessedbymeow.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, can't resist picking up a Mac lipstick every now and again ;)

      Delete
  10. Ooh I'll definitely be picking up Elusive, it looks like a brilliant dupe!

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't believe how similar they are! x

      Delete
  11. I need to give Revlon a try! but the problem for is not the color but the formula. Hope it suit on my lips.

    xxx

    http://liveitcolorfully.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete