Review: Loreal Nude Magique BB Cream

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

This is one of those products that has been sitting at the back of my makeup collection for some time now and have recently decided to give it another go. When I first used this BB cream I absolutely hated it, but now after giving it a second chance I've really grown to love it. This is the only BB cream that I've ever used as I usually prefer something with a fuller coverage due to my acne prone skin, but as it's getting slightly warmer here in the Uk, I wanted to swap my usual base for something lighter. 




At the time that I picked this up from Boots there were only two shades, light and dark, though this may no longer be the case as it was quite a long time a go now. I'm quite fair and the shade 'light' is the slightest shade too dark for me but one that I can make work when blended out. This particular BB cream is different to most on the market as it contains smart pigment capsules which change colour as the liquid is blended into the skin. As you can see from the photos, when you first apply this its is a light coloured but as you blend it in   it becomes more suited to your skin tone. I will admit that this is very gimmicky, but it seems to work well enough for me.

Contrary to what I originally thought about BB creams, that they are extremely light with little, to no coverage, this one built up to give a medium coverage, which when applying concealor wherever needed was spot on for me! This wouldn't be a base that I'd wear on a day to day basis, but for those warmer days when I want to quickly apply my makeup and go. I apply this with fingers as I find it warms the product up nicely, then blend using my Zoeva Silk Finish brush. 

Overall, I'm very glad that I gave this BB cream another chance, and just in time for spring/summer too! Have any of you tried this one out? What's your favourite BB cream? I'd love to hear your recommendations.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Can't believe I wasn't following you! I could of swore that I was!
    Love your blog and this is such a great review and swatches :)

    I love Body Shop BB Creams but I will definitely give this one a go!

    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taylor (: I haven't tried out the BB creams from TBS before but love their makeup so will have to give them a go. Thanks for the recommendation x

      Delete
  2. This sounds like it would be so nice for during the summer - if it ever arrives! I haven't tried any BB creams in a long time but think I'll give this one a shot x

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This would be perfect for the summer so definitely worth checking out (:

      Delete
  3. I love BB creams for good skin days! I haven't tried this one but the Maybelline one is quite good x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I'll have to try out that Maybelline one, thanks for the recommendation x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I'm thinking of getting a BB cream. xx

    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, well I hope this helped (:

      Delete
  5. Great review, really love the sound of this BB cream! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to own it and I really loved it! I haven't repurchased it though but now that I'm reminded of it, I think I should!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely products isn't it! I'm so glad I got around to giving it another go x

      Delete