From the Drugstore: Mua Eyeshadow Trio

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

Lately I've been a little more skint that usual due to saving up for my upcoming holiday, so have had to resist the urge of buying high-end makeup for a while, but have definitely been making up for it by buying from the drugstore instead. The thing I love about the drugstore is that you get the chance to experiment with different products, be that formulas, colours, you name it! I've decided to start a series called 'from the drugstore' (I know! Not the most inventive name ever, but it's to the point right?) where I will feature budget products that I've picked up recently in a bid to expand my makeup collection, not only in size but through trying out different things. 

To kick off this series I have decided to feature this eyeshadow trio by Mua, if this isn't purse friendly I don't know what is, so at £2.50 I couldn't say no! This particular trio is in the shade 'pink sorbet' and is right up my street, however I'm not usually one for picking up shadows that have a 'baked' formula. With Spring now here I thought these would be perfect for both day or night, depending on how you apply them. The shades in this trio however do not have individual names which is actually one of my pet peeves, but for £2.50 I can definitely get past that!




I have used these a few times since picking them up, and have to admit that I was surprised at how pigmented they actually were. As you can see from the swatches, they go on just as shimmery as they look in the pan and the colour is pretty opaque too. The middle shade in the trio, and the lightest of the three works brilliantly as an highlighter for the inner corner of the eye, although personally, I find that it's that bit too shimmery to use on the brow bone. The slightly darker pink shade works great as an all over the lid colour, and one that I can see myself wearing alone for a subtle wash of colour. The darkest shade is lovely to apply in the outer corner/outer v and could be used in the crease if wanted, however I prefer to wear more of a matte shade in my crease.


Overall I was very, very pleased with this trio by Mua. What more can you ask for, great pigmentation, lovely shades and an extremely affordable price. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for some of the other shades in this range.

Have any of you tried these before? What did you think?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Great colors very vibrant and well pigmented.

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are so lovely aren't they and they're so pigmented considering the price (:

      Delete
  2. I really like the MUA palettes, they are very pigmented, so good for the price!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! They're amazing for experimenting with colour (:

      Delete
  3. These shades are so pretty, and such good value too! xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shades - I haven't tried anything from MUA for ages x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some really great products and are so affordable! x

      Delete
  5. This palette looks amazing, but I would need to use it together with matte eyeshadows for the crease :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I tend to do the same (:

      Delete
  6. This looks like a great palette! The colors are super nice~ I've never tried it before but now I want to *u*
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give them a try as they are such great quality for the price! (:

      Delete
  7. This is a very pretty palette - love the shades! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete