My Everyday Winter Makeup Routine

By Unknown - 4:50:00 pm

My everyday makeup look for the winter is pretty similar to that in the summer, however I do change up a few products and go for a slightly more dewy look. Just a quick warning that this is a pretty text heavy post and I'm sure that I've forgotten to mention something that I use! Anyway, onto the makeup.


Base -  To begin, I apply a a thin layer of The Body Shop's 'Instablur Primer' using my fingers then leave it to set for a minute or so. I then apply the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealor to any blemishes, usually using my fingers, but sometimes using one of my concealor brushes that I purchased from Ebay (You can find a post on them here!), which were surprisingly really good quality and cost under £3 for a set of four!!. I have a few foundation favourites but the one that I've been using the most at the moment is the Revlon Colour Stay foundation in the shade 'natural beige'. I love the fact that this foundation is available in two slightly different formulas depending on your skin type as a lot of foundations only work for certain skin types meaning that you can sometimes feel limited on finding foundations that will work for you and your skin. I apply my foundation with a Real Techniques 'Buffing Brush' which I swear by and just like the other Real Technique brushes is very multi-purpose. Next I conceal under the eyes using the Soap and Glory 'Blur and Brighten' Concealor, using yet another Real Techniques 'Pointed Foundation Brush' and then set my foundation and concealor with Mac's 'Blot Powder'.



Blush, Bronze and Highlight - Next up is bronzing, I use The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzer, which gives a very subtle bronze that is great for this time of year and also for people with pale skin, and apply it using The Real Technique Blush Brush. I use the highlighter from the Sleek Contour Kit and dust over the high points of my cheek and slightly down my nose and cupids bow. I then reach for either my trusty favourite blush which is the Mac Mineralise Blush in 'Dainty' and that I use all year round, or for one of the cream blushes from the Sleek Palette 'Californ.i.a'.


Eyes and Brows - I have been using my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette non-stop since I bought it so obviously had to mention it! I love the brush that comes with it so usually use that, otherwise I use some brushes from the Real Techniques Starter Set. I usually just grab whatever mascara comes to hand but at the moment I'm loving using the Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express Mascara after curling my lashes slightly. For my brows, I use the same product every day without fail and thats the Mac Eyeshadow in 'Omega' along with my Mac 266 brush.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I love your blog, this post is great! It would mean the world to me if you checked out mine x

    http://beautyssimplicity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've desperately need to try the Body Shop's Honey bronzer - I've heard so many amazing things! Lovely post :) x

    Angela // The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely try it,I'm really loving it at the moment x

      Delete
  3. I love using a lot bronzer, contour and highlight, and I always use the sleek contour kit its amazing!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Naked Palette sounds so great! I have been debating buying it... are the shades very pigmented? Great post, I loved it!

    Juliana Grace | www.julianagraceblogspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm absolutely IN LOVE with it! They are all so pigmented x

      Delete
  5. The Sleek Contour kit sounds neat! Thanks for sharing! x
    trulyyourskyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the body shop instablur - such an amazing product!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that foundation!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete