Affordable Skincare: The Tools

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

As I've been really getting into skincare at the moment, and noticed that there aren't a huge number of products from the drugstore that actually work, I've decided to write an 'affordable skincare series' over the next few weeks were I will talk about the skincare products from the drugstore that I love and use regularly. I've decided to start with skincare tools as I've been reading a lot of reviews lately about new cleansing brushes and realised that I've never spoken about the one that I have from Olay on my blog before.


Olay Regnerist 3 Point Cleansing System - Although I have nothing to compare this to, I feel like this particular face brush is brilliant at what it does, especially when considering it's price (£39.99 but is usually on offer so make sure to look around). It has two speed settings and comes with one brush head, but you can purchase replacement brushes if needed. I tend to use this around 3/4 times a week with a face wash such as Soap and Glory's Foam and Moisture Face Wash.

Flannels/muslin cloths - The majority of the time I use a hot cloth to remove my makeup and cleanse my skin. For this I just take a flannel or muslin cloth, soak it in warm water and massage the skin in circular motions to remove my makeup. You can get these pretty much anywhere and don't have to spend a lot of money on them, these ones from Ikea are great and cost £1.10 for 4!

Cotton pads - Cotton pads are very handy to have around. I use them with a micellar water to break down my makeup, especially around the eye area where products such as mascara or eyeliner are harder to remove. My favourite cotton pads are from Aldi as they cost 99p for a pack of 200. 

Cotton buds - These things are a life saver for touching up any mistakes that you make when applying your makeup. I don't know about you but I always seem to get my mascara all over the lids so use a cotton bud to remove it without having to start over. I find that if you pick these up from the baby section they always seem to be a lot cheaper!

What do you think of this 'affordable skincare' series? Let me know what you'd like me to focus on in my next one.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have so many cotton pads and cotton buds littered around my house, I'm so bad for throwing them away! I really want to try the cleansing brush, so affordable!
    --
    prettymadthings.blogspot.co,uk // x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's such a great affordable alternative to the Clarasonic x

      Delete