Review: The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

By Unknown - 9:00:00 am

Anything with the word 'oil' in the name used to terrify me. Whether it was a facial oil or a cleanser, I would steer clear in fear that it would make my already oily skin, even oilier. However, contrary to popular belief an oil in most forms will actually benefit your skin and after researching into oils, the best ones to use for oily skin and when/how to use them, I decided that it was time to finally give one a shot. When experimenting with new products, I don't like to splurge on premium branded products so popped into The Body Shop and picked up their Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. I'd noticed that this seemed to be cropping up a lot throughout the blogging community and I can definitely see why!



For £10, you get a good sized 200ml of product which comes in this clear plastic bottle, and with a very handy pump. Although I love the fact that this comes with a pump, the pump itself tends to shoot the product out (quite literally!) so be sure to point it downwards into your hands to sae whatever it is your wearing. I tend to use two to three pumps of this for my entire face, then remove using a hot cloth/flannel.



As I said, I usually use two/three pumps of this then massage it into the skin concentrating on the areas of my face where I'm wearing the most makeup. At first, I was slightly worried about how this would work around the eye area worrying that it be too harsh, but I was completely wrong! You can really work the product in around the eye area without it stinging like some cleansers, then remove with a hot cloth. This works very well to remove products such as waterproof mascara or eyeliner so there is no need to use a separate cleanser specifically for removing eye makeup.

I've been using this for the past month or so, almost every night and have definitely seen an improvement in my skin. My usually combination/oily skin (that is also dehydrated and acne prone) has become a lot clearer, smoother and less dehydrated, although that may have to do with the combination of products I have been using but this cleansing oil has definitely benefitted my skin.


Have you ever tried out a cleansing oil? Which ones would you recommend?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Cleansing oil is such a staple for me! I love the cleansing butter in this range and I really want to try this oil :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I really want to try that that cleansing butter out x

      Delete
  2. Love this stuff! Makes my skin so soft and lasts for ages! Definitely repurchasing when I finish up my current cleanser! Really want to try the balm version too!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've heard the blame is just as good x

      Delete
  3. This is my favourite cleansing oil. I've been using it for about a year now and it's great. I have normal/dry skin and I find it helps x

    www.wonkylauren.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab isn't it! This just goes to show how well it works for all skin types x

      Delete
  4. Thats a great review. I have wanted to try this product for a while now, but have the same reservations as you. I shall give it a go.

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read.
    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti x

    ReplyDelete