Tips: Organising Your Wardrobe

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

I for one, am currently struggling for space in my tiny wardrobe and have had to do a huge clear out. I'm a little bit of a hoarder when it comes to my clothes and usually just can't bring myself to throw things out, but with literally no more space to store new clothes i've had to be little more ruthless. I've came up with a few tips that I think have really helped me to clean out my wardrobe and to get things a lot more organised. I like to do this every month or so as it helps me to find the things that I wear most and what i've been neglecting recently.




1. Take everything out - I think the best way to begin reorganising your wardrobe is to take everything out, and I mean everything. Pile everything onto your bed so that you can see clearly what you have and later sort through and find the things that your going to keep, and the things your going to get rid of. Now is also a great time to give the inside of your wardrobe a clean, so get grabbing those anti-bac' wipes!

2. Sort into piles of things that are 'definitely staying' and things that are 'ready to go' - Some of the things in my wardrobe are no-brainers, such as my plain tees and my go-to skinny jeans, and then there are things that I haven't worn in months, and sometimes even years! The things that you haven't reached for in a long time should go straight to the 'to go' pile, unless they are things that are saved for special occasions, etc. If there is anything that your unsure of I'd say to keep them and then if you still haven't worn them by the next time you sort through your wardrobe you know to throw them out! A good way to get rid of unwanted clothing is to pop it on Ebay or Vinted and is a way to make a little bit of money too! You could also put them in a bag and take them down to your local charity shop.

3. Decide on a system - I've recently decided to arrange my wardrobe in colour-order in a bid to inject colours other than black, white and grey into my outfits. Within the colour sections I then sub-organise the items into style, so something like tops, shirts, jumpers, etc. If colour co-ordinating isn't your thing then another great way to organise your wardrobe is to simply put them in style order.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I really need to clear out my wardrobe but I keep putting it off because it's such a monotonous task! I will get round to it soon though using your tips! I love your blog design and layout :)

    - Grace's Gaze xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tips, my wardrobe is actually due a clear out x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, hope you liked the post! :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome tips. It's so important to take everything out so you are forced to look at each thing separately. :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, need to get a system sorted!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! :) It makes things a lot easier to find x

      Delete
  5. It sounds really silly but I've never thought to take everything out before but it's such a good idea as instead of thinking what you actively want to get rid of, you're thinking about what you definitely need to keep! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete