Makeup Tutorial: Day Time Pink Lip

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

Today I’m back with another makeup tutorial. I really enjoyed making my last one so decided to make another though I apologise that the photographs aren’t the best (I’m still getting the hang of taking close up photos of myself!). Today’s look is one that I’ve been wearing an awful lot lately, it’s subtle enough to wear in the daytime but still looks like I’m wearing makeup. I particularly love the lipstick in this look and find that it goes with a lot of outfits too!





1. I began by prepping the skin with my usual skincare routine then applied The Body Shop’s Instablur primer to the areas where my pores are largest. 

2. Next I applied my foundation which today was a mix of Revlon’s Colour Stay (for combination/oily skin) and Loreal’s True Match foundation. I find that this combination is perfect for this time of year as they are both very long lasting and give a lovely satin finish on the skin. I then concealed my under eye area, any redness/discolouration and any blemishes using Maybelline’s Fit Me concealor which I then set using my Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder.

3. Using a Real Techniques Blush Brush I added some warmth to the face using Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer which I only recently got my hands on, and am absolutely loving it! I then applied Sleek’s blush in ‘Icing Sugar’ (from their Pink Lemonade blush palette) to my cheeks which works very well with a bronzed look.

4. I then moved onto brows and filled them in using the Soap and Glory Brow Archery in the shade ‘Blondeshell’ and set them in place using Maybelline’s Brow Drama in clear.

5. For the eyes, I began by applying Mac’s Paintpot in ‘Painterly’ as a base then applied the shade ‘Strange’ from Urban Decay’s Naked 3 palette all over the lid. In the crease I applied Natural Collection’s ‘Milk Chocolate’ single eyeshadow, which is a lovely warm brown shade, using the Zoeva Luxe Petit Crease Brush taking the shadow slightly above, and out of my natural crease. As a light wash of colour I then took the shade ‘Liar’ (again from the Naked 3 Palette) and applied that all over the lid. I finished off the eye with two coats of Benefit’s Roller Lash mascara.

6. Lastly, onto lips. I applied Rimmel’s lip liner in ‘East End Snob’ then a layer of the lipstick ‘Snob’ by Mac which on it’s own is way too light for me, but looks lovely paired with this lip liner!



Swatches (Top left to Bottom Right) - Rimmel lip liner in 'East End Snob', Mac lipstick in 'Snob', 'Strange' from Naked 3, 'Liar' from Naked 3, Natural Collection eyeshadow in 'Milk Chocolate'.



Let me know what you thought of this look? What kind of makeup tutorial would you like to see next?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Absolutely stunning look great post x
    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful look! I've heard so much about East End Snob. I love the look of it with MAC's Snob. You're doing great for makeup tutorials to be a "new" thing for your blog! Keep it up!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, Snob is a lovely shade and goes really well with East End Snob x

      Delete
  3. This lipstick really suits you! xx

    eilishwarnes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete