Review: Benefit's Hoola Bronzer

By Unknown - 9:00:00 am

I'm probably one of the last people on the planet to have bought and tried out Benefit's Hoola Bronzer and to be perfectly honest, I'm kicking myself that I hadn't bought it sooner. This bronzer is renowned for being perfectly matte making it great for both bronzing and contouring and also being well suited to those with fairer skin tones - this ticks all of the boxes for me!


One of the most recognisable things about this bronzer is it's packaging, though I'm not overly keen on it's cardboard box exterior. I've had this now, for little over a month and already am seeing signs of wear as I tend to keep it in my makeup bag for daily use. It's bulky, tricky to fit brushes into and in my opinion would be a lot easier to use if it came in a plastic compact. I know that packaging isn't everything and that it's what is inside that counts though, so don't want to dwell on this too much.


The bronzer itself, as I mentioned earlier, is a completely matte, warm toned brown shade that suits my fair skin perfectly (NW20 for reference). It doesn't appear muddy or orange and blends very well over the top of other makeup products making sure not to leave any harsh lines or streaks. When using this to bronze I use a Real Techniques Blush Brush and try my best to apply the product to the brush as evenly as possible (due to the size and shape of the box this can be tricky) then sweep it over the cheekbones, forehead and nose area. When using this to contour I tend to take either my Mac 168 or my Real Techniques Contour Brush and lightly apply this under the cheekbones, forehead, nose, chin and jaw making sure to blend in.

This bronzer was very quick to make it into my daily makeup routine and is one that I know I will be using, and probably repurchasing for a long time. I'm very impressed with the way that this bronzer performs and so happy that I finally got my hands in it.


Have you tried 'Hoola' before? What did you think?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I love this bronzer! It's such a great matte colour and I agree that it's definitely great for pale skin since it isn't too orange toned. I can never use all the product though because my benefit boxed blushers tend to wear in the center and then I'm left with a ring of product around the outside that I can't get to. Hopefully they hear these complaints haha xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! The packaging is very annoying, I think most people would be happy if they changed it aha xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a gorgeous bronzer that I've been wanting to try for a while now.. but it's such a shame that the packaging slightly lets it down. One of the things that disappoints me the most is when packaging starts to look a little tatty. Especially when you've spent a little extra on the product..

    x

    Small&Blonde ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I couldn't agree more! If you can get past the packaging though, it's a fab bronzer x

      Delete
  3. It's a gorgeous bronzer, but I really don't like the packaging. It's too bulky. Anyway, lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of this but like you am put off by the packaging! Maybe I should just give it a go though, so many people have raved about it! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although the packaging is pretty naff, the bronzer itself its brilliant! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm NC20 so I suppose Hoola would be a good bronzing shade for me too, I'll totally check it out next time! Thanks for sharing :)
    xo, Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! It's definitely worth trying out x

      Delete