How to Achieve a Perfect Lipstick Look

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

Lately, I've been wearing more and more bright lipsticks, which before I'd usually stay away from. I think the reason i've been enjoying wearing a brighter shade on the lips is due to the condition of my lips being a lot better. I've recently developed a 'lip-prepping' routine which I like to use before applying a bright lip and which helps the lipstick to sit on much better and last throughout the day. I've included three products that I already had in my collection and that I'd kind of been neglecting before this month.



1. Exfoliate the lips - To start, I like to exfoliate the lips using a lip scrub from Lush. This one is my favourite as it's bubblegum flavour and is just so yummy! I take a tiny amount on my finger and rub it onto the lips. I find that it isn't too harsh on the lips and that if my lips are in need of something slightly harsher, I grab the edge of a towel and use it to but my lips.

2. Apply a lip balm - Once I've exfoliated the lips I tend to apply a lip balm. The one I use is Nivea's 'lip butter' as it moisturises the lips without being too greasy or sticky like some lip balms. Applying a lip balm helps the lipstick to glide on much easier and keep the lips hydrated throughout the day, especially when applying lipsticks that are matte in formula.

3. Apply a lip liner - I find that applying a lip liner, not only to line but over the whole of the lips, helps to make the colour pop and helps it to last throughout the day. It's also great for evening out the lips if needed and I tend to do this around the cupids bow area in particular.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Great post! Love the Lush bubblegum lip scrub

    tonixox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts!
    norawears.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, LUSH lip scrub is a must-have for perfect pout!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem, glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It's so good isn't it? I want to try out some of the other flavours!

      Delete
  6. I love the Nivea lip butters - they're so cheap but so good! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Lush Lip Scrub is such an essential! I agree lip liner always makes things look better - though I am a bit lazy at applying it sometimes...xx

    Magpie Jasmine | Zoeva Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Haha, i'm the same at times don't worry :)

      Delete
  8. I agree, the difference between using a lip liner and not using one is insane, it lasts so much longer! I've never used a Nivea lip butter before, I'll have to try it out!

    Frances

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! They are so cheap and so moisturising :)

      Delete
  9. I love the Lush Lip Scrub, use it all the time. My favourite lip calm is the Vaseline Cocoa one, such a gorgeous flavour.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great isn't it! I'll have to try that Vaseline Cocoa lip balm :)

      Delete