My Perfect 'Everyday Lipstick Look'

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

With the whole 'Kylie Jenner' lip craze still ongoing, I've seen more and more full, nude lip looks, they seem to be every wear atm, as I'm sure you've all noticed. I've decided to create my own version of the look using a few products that I've had in my collection for such a long time now. I've adapted this to suit my skin tone and lip shape though, and really like the finished look and have been wearing it most days.  As cheesy as it sounds, this is a very 'my lips but better' kind of look. Here goes...




1. First I prepped the lips using a lip balm. I personally like to use the Nivea Lip Butters, as they keep my lips feeling moisturised without giving that sticky, heavy feel that a lot of lip balms give.

2. Line the lips. I don't actually have a nude lip liner so make do with Mac's 'Hip and Happy' which is a pale pink toned liner. I love this liner as it stays put throughout the day and works as a good base for my lipstick when applied all over the lips. I don't actually use this to make the lips appears fuller as my lips are naturally quite plump, so just use it to even them out. As I said, I then apply this all over the lips.

3. The next thing that I do is apply Mac's 'Brave' over the liner. This is my perfect everyday shade, and I suppose my perfect 'nude'. It's quite a brown toned shade but works very well with my colouring. This is a satin finish, which apart from matte, is one of my favourite lipstick finishes from Mac as it is that bit more moisturising.

4. Using my finger I dab Soap and Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker in 'Charm Offensive' over the lipstick. This works to give more of a pink tone to the look and which I find works best for me.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. I love it !!! Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lips look amazing! Very kylie jenner esque!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love brown based nudes, they are my favorite everyday shade to wear :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And they are perfect for Spring too (:

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! It's become one of my go-to lip looks x

      Delete
  5. What a great combination! x
    www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've been wearing it non stop lately! (:

      Delete
  6. I have that Soap & Glory lip lacquer but have never used it. I really need to give it a try soon :)

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never really used mine until this look, but now I love it! You should definitely give it a try (:

      Delete
  7. Great lip look! I want to go out and get that MAC lippy now! xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks lovely on you! I've not read much about "hip and happy" but its stunning - really going to have to look it up! xx

    Kirsty Leigh // A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsty! It's such a lovely shade and definitely worth picking up if your into pink lipsticks x

      Delete
  9. This is such a gorgeous "lip look" hun, I have seen so many people mention Brave lately... definitely on my wishlist :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle! You should definitely pick it up (:

      Delete
  10. I'm obsessed with nude lips right now! This looks so pretty on you x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  11. These shades really suit you :) I've had my eye on Brave for so long! xx

    Magpie Jasmine | Zoeva Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Brave is such a great shade to add to any makeup collection as it's so wearable, let me know if you pick it up (:

      Delete
  12. This really is the perfect every day lipstick, Definitely a mac shade I need to look into.

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Brave, it's such a staple piece in my makeup collection arm x

      Delete