Review: Revlon ColorStay Foundation

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

I can't believe that it's taken me this long to write a review on this product as soon after buying it and using it for the first time, it became my all time favourite foundation, trumping all others, whether they be high end or drugstore! The Revlon Colorstay foundation won me over when I started using it sometime last year, firstly because of how affordable it is at £12.49 which is around half the price of most high end foundations. In foundations, I tend to go for ones with a good shade range, medium-high coverage and that have good staying power. This foundation ticks all of those boxes for me!

I picked this up in 220 Natural Beige which is the slightest bit lighter than my usual Mac NW20, but which actually is ever so slightly a better shade for me everyday. As well as this being the perfect shade for me, I love the fact that this comes in two different formulas depending on what skin type you have, normal/dry or combination/oily. I opted for the combination/oily formula due to having a typically combination skin type and find that this gives off a semi-matte finish and doesn't leave my skin looking oily throughout the day.




I apply this using my Zoeva Silk Finish brush, but have to do so in sections rather than applying all over the face then buffing in as this is a very fast drying foundation. This doesn't really bother me though as it is how I usually apply my foundation anyway. This foundation leaves you with a medium-full coverage which works really well to cover any scarring or acne. One of the other cons of this foundation is the fact that it doesn't have a pump. This means that I tend to make a mess and end up pouring out either too much or too little. This is only a small problem though and of course doesn't effect how good the foundation applies. My favourite thing about this foundation though, is the staying power. I usually apply this at around 7 in the morning before work/college and it is still on by the time I get home at around 5!

I'd really recommend this to anyone looking for a new foundation that gives good coverage and has great lasting power. It comes in two formulas which means it caters to most skin types. Have you tried this foundation? Let me know what you thought of it below!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. I've been hearing a lot of great things, mostly relating to how it keeps the face shin-free throughout the day, perfect for people with oily skin. I'll probably try this one soon, thanks for the review! (: x

    Truly Yours, Kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, glad you liked it! It is such an amazing foundation (:

      Delete
  2. I need this as I have oily skin! Amazing review :)


    http://www.kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kacy, it's such a great foundation, definitely worth trying out (:

      Delete
  3. I love this foundation, it's one of my all time faves. I wish it came with a pump too, it gets so messy which is a pet peeve of mine lol

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! It's so annoying but I love this foundation so much I can kind of get past it x

      Delete
  4. I like this one very much! Stays for longer xo

    www.beautyfrontline.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this foundation so much im obsessed!
    www.norawears.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heard so much about this, dying to try x
    www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth trying!! It's probably my most used foundation x

      Delete
  7. This sounds really good I need an alternative one to my Mac foundation and this sounds perfect for me
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out! Let me know what you think of it (:

      Delete
  8. This sounds like a foundation that I may give a try in the future. Shame that it doesn't have a pump though x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but it's definitely one of the best foundations i've tried so I can kind of get past it (:

      Delete
  9. I love the formula so much, I just wish it came is some warmer tones :( xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour range is pretty good but I know what you mean about the lack of warm tones (:

      Delete
  10. I'll have to try this one out :) sounds really good :)

    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great!! Let me know how you get on with it if you decide to try it out (:

      Delete
  11. I haven't tried this one, but I'm the market for a new drugstore foundation for everyday!

    Cadaea | Cadaea.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try, it's such a great, affordable foundation! (:

      Delete
  12. I was thinking about this foundation for a while now..I need sth with more coverage for a few occasions this summer - wedding etc, but don't want foundation that's too heavy and drying..

    If you'd like you could check out my new blog http://aaarabesque.blogspot.com - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! This one may just be the one for you then (:

      Delete