Review: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo +

By Unknown - 10:30:00 am

A recent, and somewhat new addition to my skincare routine is the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo +, which I bought sometime last month after seeing that it was on offer at Boots. I'm such a sucker for a bargain so of course added it to my basket and have been trying it out over the past month. Although I picked this up whilst it was on offer, it still cost me around £12 and usually costs £15.50 so isn't exactly cheap. I know high end skincare products can get very pricey, however I've always been one to stick to drugstore skincare brands such as Nivea or Simple, so this is probably the most expensive skincare product that I've ever bought. Honestly though, if a product is going to work well to live up to it's claims, and a comparable drugstore alternative can't be found then I can justify paying that little bit extra.


This is an anti-blemish cream which claims to target the signs of oily, blemished prone skin, including marks and so fits my skin type perfectly. I was slightly worried at first, that this would really dry out my skin but in fact leaves it feeling silky smooth and isn't at all harsh on the skin. This cream fitted in very nicely to my already, pretty basic skincare routine and I apply it to the blemished areas of my face, rather than all over as the instructions suggest.



A small amount of this cream really goes a long way and so I just squeeze out a small pea sized amount and apply it where needed. The consistancy is is very smooth and easy smooths onto the face.

Honestly, since using this I've seen a slight improvement in my skin but nothing drastic so at this point, probably won't repurchase as it's quite pricey. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. I have oily combo skin so this product sounds right up my street. Such a shame you haven't noticed a big change! I've spent a fair amount high end brands when it comes to my skin care routine, and No7 has topped them all so far! :)

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try out some of the skincare products from No7, I've heard some great things about them!

      Delete
  2. It's nice to know this wasn't too harsh on your skin. I have quite sensitive skin and so have to be really careful - I've been using Clarins skincare products lately and have been very impressed! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may like this one then, it definitely isn't too harsh for my skin so may be worth trying out :)

      Delete
  3. I've purchased this in the past and I didn't do much for me...maybe I wasn't so consistant but it didn't work :(

    ibelieveinrosa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought at first but it's been at least two months now since I first tried it and I still haven't seen a massive improvement x

      Delete
  4. That is a bit expensive but really if that's all you need to use then it may be worth it!

    doitfortheirony.com / creative + lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, I don't know the product, tho. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I'll be happy to check out your blog but I only follow blogs that I love and know I'll enjoy reading (:

      Delete
  6. Wonderful post. Love products of La Roshe- Posay
    Lets follow eachother on GFC. let me know if it is yes. Leave a comment about following and then I will come back immediately and follow you.

    http://vkusnosbety.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame it didn't do much for your skin. I have used this for a quite a while now and have noticed such an improvement in my skin. I guess different things work for different people!

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's great but such a shame I didn't see the same improvements! I've kept trying it but am still not too sure about this one x

      Delete
  8. So far I've found no topical treatments (drugstore or high end) to help get rid of spots, and even though I've read so many raving reviews about this stuff I couldn't actually see it working which is why I never bought it! I think I'll definitely give it a miss now, way too expensive to not see much improvement.

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly regret buying this one, although I saw a tiny improvement it was nothing major, definitely wasn't worth the price tag!

      Delete
  9. That's so lovely, thank you so much! I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, too bad it didn't give much of a change

    Neeny x

    neenyslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, such a shame as it was quite pricey x

      Delete
  11. Great post
    Would you like to follow each other ? I'll follow back after it

    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. In my opinion as it is quite pricey it is worth it, I really like this one! Come and meet our adventures in Paris at Paris Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just goes to show how differently products can work for different people! It's good to hear that you think it's worth the money, I'm going to try to stick with it to see if I see any further improvements in my skin x

      Delete