Review: Loreal True Match Foundation

By Unknown - 10:00:00 am

I'm sure you've all read countless reviews about how amazing the Loreal True Match foundation is before, myself included, and heres another for you! I have to admit, I'm a little late on the bandwagon with this one, and honestly at first it didn't live up to my expectations but looking back I think that was due to this being different to the foundations that I'm used to wearing. Now though, it has become one of my most frequently used foundations and is perfect for this time of year. 



This foundation is very affordable at £9.99 and has a good shade range, although from what I can see from looking online there isn't a lot for those with darker skin tones. I picked this up in the shade N3 (creamy beige) which is a good match for my Mac NW20 foundation. I love the glass packaging this comes in and absolutely adore the fact that it comes with a pump as it makes it so easy to apply just the right amount to the back of my hand before going in with my Zoeva Silk Finish brush. 



The consistency is very light and runny, yet this gives a medium/full coverage when built up. The fact that it's so light and runny was a problem for me at first, but after some time testing it out and getting used to it I began to actually really like it. I know that I'll be wearing this a lot come summer time as it doesn't really feel as if you are wearing such a good coverage foundation of the face. 



This gives a matte, yet natural looking finish which is great for those with combination - oily skin. I definitely wouldn't recommend this to those with dry skin as this does tend to cling to dry areas, but this wasn't a huge problem for me as I rarely have the problem of dryness on my face. Another con, is that it sinks into pores but using this with a pore minimising primer this can be resolved slightly and is not as noticeable. 

I know that this foundation is one that I'll be wearing more and more as the weather gets warmer as it is very comfortable to wear and is light on the skin. It' every affordable and has  easy to use packaging.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. I'm glad it works for you now! Sometimes I think it's true we need time to adjust to a new product!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I decided to give it another try and now I love it :)

      Delete
  2. I love this foundation!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this foundation! I have oily/combination so this works really well for me. Great review!

    www.hayleyeszti.com | UK Fashion & Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hayley! This is great for those with oily skin as it has a very matte formula :)

      Delete
  4. I've heard great things about that foundation, it's next on my purchase list, I just have to find my right shade :)

    ibelieveinrosa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give this a try:)

      Delete
  5. Really want to try this foundation! It sounds great quality and I have combination skin, so this would be perfect! Lovely review :)

    Millie x | Millies Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millie! You should try it out, especially since you have combination skin :)

      Delete
  6. It sounds good mostly! I would like to try it but I just recently got a different foundation :)

    Neeny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has it's downsides but nothing that can't be sorted with a good moisturiser and primer :)

      Delete
  7. This is the foundation I always use but I notice it creases and makes my wrinkles look worse.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that too,but I find if I use a good moisturiser, then prime it tends to be a lot better! :)

      Delete
  8. Great review, I've never tried this but it sounds like a lovely summer foundation!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eleanor, I think it'd be perfect for summer!

      Delete
  9. I'm not too keen on this foundation especially as I have dry skin so I may have to steer away from this one :(
    But I'm glad you like it
    Dalal xx monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad, but definitely don't think this would be suited to dry skin as is tends to stick to the dryer areas of the skin. Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  10. I really like the formula - though unfortunately even mixing 2 shade doesn't get me a True Match haha still I think it's one of the best drugstore foundations I've tried xx

    Magpie Jasmine | Zoeva Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, that's so annoying! I find this shade is perfect for me :)

      Delete
  11. I tend to stick with the same foundation which I've been using for ages but have been looking to try something different, might take a look at this next time :)
    http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth trying out if you like a matte, lightweight foundation! :)

      Delete
  12. I've been wanting to try this product. Glad to hear such a good review.

    tonixox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked it! It's definitely worth trying out (:

      Delete
  13. I was also slightly disappointed with this foundation when I tried it around January because it emphasised my dry patches. I think I might start using it again now that it's getting warmer and my skin is less dry!

    Tara Eavan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You should definitely give it another try now that the weather i changing :)

      Delete