Review: Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

I’d seen both Viviannadoesmakeup and Lilypebbles rave about the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets, so of course I had to see what the hype was all about, and honestly, I’m glad that I did! After reading a lot of reviews on these and spending ages searching for swatches, I decided to pick up the shade 07 Nude-ist, a pink toned, ‘your lips but better’ kind of shade. This type of shade is nothing new for me as it’s usually my go-to shade of choice, but you can never have too many right?



As the name would suggest, this gives off a velvet finish which is actually pretty comfortable to wear and not like any other lip products that I own. This comes with your standard doffer applicator making it very easy to apply, however I usually tend to dab this onto the lips then pat it in using my fingers which I find helps to make the product appear evenly applied on the lips. 



One of the biggest pros of this product, and one that everyone seems to have noticed, is the fact that the staying power on these things is insane! They really work to almost ‘stain’ the lips and for me, stay on throughout the day without the need for constant reapplication, even after eating. One of the things though, that a lot of people don’t seem to like about this product is the smell. It has a very chemically, paint like smell which isn’t pleasant but honestly doesn’t put me off too much as I love the finish the product gives.

I would definitely recommend these as they are only £8.99 and have a good colour range from what I can see online. Bourjois have also recently brought out the Aqua Lacque versions of these which I am definitely going to try out soon! Has anyone else tried these?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. Looks lovely and perfect for Spring! :)

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shade is stunning, I love it! Definitely want to get my hands on some of these in the future x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! This looks lovely, I really need to try these out! The swatch looks wonderful! Great post!

    http://blessedbymeow.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried these new formula but the older is super opaque and lovely!

    ibelieveinrosa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read so many rave reviews about this, I ought to give them a go!! You've chosen a gorgeous colour x

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This colour is lovely isn't it? You should definitely give these a go x

      Delete
  6. Looks like a wonderful lippie!

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, and definitely worth a go! :)

      Delete
  7. I must be the only blogger who's never tried one of these! I need to! This shade looks really pretty :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine | Zoeva Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You should definitely give them a try, this shade is lovely for everyday x

      Delete
  8. Recently tested one of these at boots and you're so right about the staying power - may have to invest :)

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really a pretty colour! I love the formulation of these lipsticks xx


    Karan studentbeautyhack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is amazing isn't it? They are so easy to apply and so long lasting!x

      Delete
  10. I keep hearing about these; If I were to get one, I would totally get that same shade Nude-ist

    Samantha Series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an easy to wear shade! Definitely one worth adding to your collection :)

      Delete
  11. This is just a lovely shade, and I've completely missed these as I don't normally go for glosses!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give them a go as the finish isn't actually glossy, it's matte so may be more to your taste! (:

      Delete
  12. I love it when a lip product has staying power, it's so awkward when you're eating/drinking and you're paranoid that you've got lippie all over your face! This looks like a really pretty shade :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I know exactly what you mean, these are perfect if your going out for food (:

      Delete
  13. I have this shade and I really like it - I prefer the aqua lacquers though x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely shade isn't it? I haven't tried the aqua lacquers yet but I really want to give them a go (:

      Delete