Makeup Starter Kit - Cheeks

By Unknown - 9:00:00 am

Following on from my previous Makeup Starter Kit post (focusing on base products), today I have the cheek products that I think would be perfect for anyone building up a makeup collection. There are so many amazing blushers, bronzers, and now highlight and contour products, at the drugstore and I've tried so many over the past few years or so but there are a selected number of products that I love and will always go back to.




Blusher:

Sleek By 3 Blush Palette - How could I not mention these? If your looking to start out with makeup, blushes in particular, theses are the place to start. These palettes feature three blushes, either cream or powder, sometimes a combination of both, and come in a range of colours. I have have both 'Pink Lemonade', a palette made up of two powders and one cream, and 'Californ.i.a', an all cream palette. These palettes are very versatile, easy to use and extremely affordable at £9.99, most single high-end blushes alone cost more than that.

Topshop Cream Blush - I've tried a few different cream blushes in the past but I think the ones by Topshop are my favourite. They are so creamy and although they look a little scary in the pan, they blend out to give a very natural flush to the cheeks. Also, a cream blush is perfect for this time of year as they tend to sit better on the skin as it gets warmer and your skin produces more oils.

Mac Mineralise Blush - When your starting out with makeup people tend to stick to more affordable brands, but if you are looking to branch out into the world of high-end then these blushes are a great place to start. My favourite is the shade 'Dainty' which gives such a lovely, peach glow to the cheeks.

The Body Shop Baked to Last Blush - This is a lovely blush/highlight duo which when swirled together gives a lovely pop of colour to the cheeks. I have this in the shade coral and have been wearing an awful lot since the sun has started to come out. Also, there is almost, always a discount code for The Body Shop so you never have to pay full price for their products.


Bronzer:

The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder - I've raved about this before, and i'm going to do it again. This is the perfect bronzer for beginners as it gives such a subtle glow (but can be built up if wanted). This is a completely matte bronzer which I personally really like and think that it's worth every penny!

Contour and highlight:

Sleek Contour Kit - This is the perfect product to use when starting out with contouring and highlighting.  It's so affordable at less than £7 and comes in three shades, light, medium and dark. The contour shade isn't too warm so doesn't look orange on the skin but works to 

Topshop Glow - I've been absolutely loving this one at the moment. It's perfect for spring as it's so creamy and easy to blend out and doesn't leave you looking like a disco ball! (Review here)



What would you like to see next from my Makeup Starter Kit series?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. The sleek contour and highlight kits are amazing for the price! You can't go wrong!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Such a great product x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good post, im rubbish when it comes to blusher I am so reluctant to try new ones.. the body shop blush looks gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would really like to try the sleek palette. good collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I've been wanting to try the Sleek contour kit for a while, definitely need to pick that up!

    Drea xo
    Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Its well worth a try as it's so affordable!

      Delete
  6. I love Mac and NYX blushes, they're my 2 favorites :)

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Mac blushes!! I've never tried anything from Nyx as it's quite tricky to get hold of in the UK but have heard their products are amazing x

      Delete
  7. Great post - I really love the brand Sleek, they have some great products!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really loving Sleek atm and was thinking of doing a 'best of Sleek' post soon! :)

      Delete
  8. I neeed to get my hands on some Sleek products, I've heard such good things about their blush palettes and this contour kit! I've also had Topshop Glow on my shopping list for a while, and I love their cream blush - especially 'Head over Heels' :) x

    Charlotte's Road // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those brands have some fab products!! x

      Delete