Review: Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

I picked up the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder when on the hunt for their Solar Powder, a bronzer which I’ve read many rave reviews about. Unfortunately there wasn't any in stock so settled on this powder instead. I hadn’t really read too much about it before trying it out but thought that it sounded like a good powder to match my combination/oily skin. I’ve used a blot powder in the past from Mac which I really loved but this one is a winner as it cost a fraction of the price at £13, opposed to Mac's £23.

The packaging is Soap and Glory’s usual - fun and witty. Inside it has a decent sized mirror which makes this perfect for popping in your bag and touching up when needed, which is what I’ve been using this for lately. It's sturdy feeling but is a bit larger and more chunky feeling than most of the other powder compacts I own so takes up quite a bit of room in my makeup stash.



This comes in one shade, translucent, which as you can see is slightly yellow toned in the pan. With a lot of translucent powders, I find that they can sometimes leave a white cast on the skin though this one definitely does not! I dust this over my t-zone area with a fluffy brush like Real Techniques' Blush brush or Zoeva's Powder Brush and I don’t feel the need to constantly reapply, although I like to keep this with me just in case. This powder keeps my  combination/oily skin matte which is perfect for the warmer months and is a product that I'll definitely be taking away with me on holiday.

This powder definitely gets the thumbs up from me! It works to keep oily skin at bay whilst not adding any additional coverage. It's perfect for popping in your bag and touching up throughout that day too! 

Whats your favourite powder at the moment?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Love this powder, it and the No7 pressed powder are my faves!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it?! I will have to try that one from No7 x

      Delete
  2. I always use MAC powder but this sounds like its worth a try especially for the money saved! X
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great product! :)

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Soap 'n' Glory, their stuff is amazing. I've been tempted to try their makeup for a while - thanks for sharing this. Great review and lovely photos x

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Their makeup is just as fab as their skincare range so definitely worth a try :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds like such a nice powder! I love Soap & Glory for their sassy packaging - so cute xx
    Marielle
    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great the packaging is fab, always love Soap and Glory! x
    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Soap and Glory's packaging, it's so fun!

      Delete