Review: Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Moisturiser

By Unknown - 9:30:00 am

I’ve had a solid skin routine for around four/five years but until now, I have never really taken an awful lot of notice as to what my skin actually needs/wants. I’ve always seemed to stick to the bare minimum when applying skincare, though I have experimented with all kinds of products overs the years. Lately though, I’ve really taken an interest in skincare and have finally realised that though my skin is combination/oily and tends to be acne-prone, it is also dehydrated. Whilst reading up on this skin type and searching for products best suited to it, I stumbled over this moisturiser by Neutrogena. It has an awfully long name and is their Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Moisturiser. It claims to hydrate and refresh, keep the skin clear and soft whilst not clogging pores. It is a moisturiser that can be applied both day and night (it sits well under makeup as long as you leave around 10/15 minutes for it to sink into the skin) and that I’d say is best suited to those with combination, oily or acne prone skin.



On first use I wasn’t entirely sure what to make of this product but after using it for almost a month, I am absolutely hooked. It has a very strong, yet pleasant scent (of grapefruit), which I’d never really experienced from a moisturiser before as I tend to stick to non-scented products. I apply a small amount of this to my fingers then rub it into the skin using circular motions. The moisturiser has a cooling effect, which I personally really like, though can feel almost ‘tacky’ on the skin. It also takes a while to  sink in (around 10/15 minutes), but when it does leaves my skin feeling very smooth, yet not at all oily/greasy. This is something I’m always weary about when it comes to moisturisers due to my skin type and hate anything that feels too rich or heavy on the skin. This is definitely neither of those things. My favourite thing about this moisturiser is probably the fact that once it has sunken into the skin it feels very skin like and not at all like you're wearing moisturiser, though the after effects of applying this are great.

Have you tried anything from this range? Any recommendations?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I really need to try some products from Neutrogena soon! I just wanted to know how you got that marble background because I really like it, is it really marble?
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neautrogena have really surprised me lately! It's actually just my laptop case which I got from Amazon x

      Delete
  2. I've never tried this brand because most of the products I have seen in store are usually aimed at combo/oily skin and I'm on the dry side. It's great that it doesn't feel heavy or rich on your skin x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried the pink grapefruit range but I'm sure I used to have a mattifying moisturiser from Neutrogena with orange packaging, I must look out for it again!
    I’ve just nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award :)
    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look out for that one! Thank you x

      Delete
  4. love the smell of their grapefruit line. have to try this
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried a face wash from this range previously, but it really really dried out my skin. So maybe I'll have to give this a go when I've finished my Simple moisturiser!

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I haven't tried any of the face washes before x

      Delete