What to Pack When Going on Holiday? - Makeup

By Unknown - 9:00:00 am

I always find that packing, and making sure not to forget anything, when going on holiday is the hardest part. Although I write list upon list there always seems to be something that I forget to pack and that I cannot get hold of when abroad so this year I have been trialling the products that I want to take away with me before hand so that I know exactly what comes with me and what doesn't.

I know not everyone likes to wear makeup when on holiday, and most of the time I probably won't be wearing any, but I do like to make sure that I take products that are easy to apply, can withstand the heat and that are long lasting. After trialling them out over a few weeks I have whittled down my usual everyday makeup bag, taking out certain products or swapping them for alternatives, and am left with a set of makeup products that I think will work very nicely when on holiday next month.

Holiday Makeup


Soap and Glory Sunshield Superfluid - After moisturising, and before applying my base product I like to apply a layer of this sunscreen. It has an spf of 50 which is perfect for my fair skin and doesn't leave a greasy film as I feel a lot of other facial sunscreens can.

Nivea Express Hydration Primer - This is a great primer for anyone with dehydrated skin as it adds a layer of moisture but doesn't leave you feeling greasy. I have combination/oily but that is also dehydrated at times and find this works very well for me! It sinks in very quickly to the skin which is an important factor for me when on holiday as I don't want to spend too long applying makeup. I will be decanting this primer though, and popping in into a smaller pot as the glass pot that it comes in is quite heavy and bulky.

Rimmel BB Cream - This is a product that is still fairly new to me but one that i've really enjoyed using. This BB cream has doesn't have a dewy finish like most and claims to keep the skin matte throughout the day which it does very well! This can be applied with fingers or  with a brush for extra coverage (although BB creams work to create an even tone more than they do to add coverage) and has an spf of 25 which is an added bonus!

Maybelline Fit Me Concealor (Review here!)- I love this concealor for applying under the eyes as it is so creamy, but can also make it work for concealing blemishes. I apply it in the needed areas then blend/pat in using my finger.

Mac Blot Powder (Review here!)- I have been using this powder for a few years now and find that it's the best blot powder to use in order to keep the skin looking shine-free throughout the day.

Sleek Californ.i.a Blush Palette (Review here!) - This is the perfect blush palette to take on holiday as you can really mix and match the shades you wear, mixing them if wanted and can also be used for things such as cream shadows or a light wash of colour on the lips. 

Maybelline On and On Bronze (Review here!) - I probably won't be wearing eyeshadow everywhere that I go, but when I do I think i'll be using this one as it's easy to apply, long lasting and gives a subtle wash of colour that can be built up if needed. You can see me wearing this in the photo below.



Soap and Glory Brow Archery Pencil - This product has become my go-to for brows. It saves me so much time in the morning so is perfect for taking away on holiday.

Loreal Million Lash Waterproof Mascara - I love the original version of this mascara but for holiday prefer to go for a waterproof mascara.


What are your go-to products to take away on holiday?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Hello, Dear, I've just had a chance to visit your awesome blog again after such a long time and you got a very pretty template there! You should've install it since a long time ago so that your good post comes out better. Thanks for the list, sometimes I'm a bit lazy to pick what do I need and what do I do not need on holiday or travelling. It's helpful! ^^

    XOXO, Ristra http://immayours97.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really happy with the new layout! Glad that this could be of some help :)

      Delete
  2. I love these posts - getting me all excited to go away! :) I will definitely be packing the Archery brow pencil and On & on Bronze! The Fit Me concealer is so nice and light for summer too and I need to dig out that Sleek palette as I loved it last summer. Great choices, lovely xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked the post! :) I'm really happy with the products that I've chosen to take away with me, I think they'll work brilliantly throughout the daytime xx

      Delete
  3. These are great picks! The Maybelline On and One Bronze eyeshadow looks really pretty, and simple to apply. I will be checking these out, as I love effortless make-up in the summer.

    - www.veebzboo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is which makes it perfect for travelling with :)

      Delete
  4. Love the Soap and Glory SPF and Nivea Express Hydration, both so non greasy! The blush palette looks lovely too I definitely need to get one!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You should try it out, it's great :)

      Delete
  5. I love your makeup selection for travelling. I have a little trip coming soon so your post came in really handy since I own most of the product you're showing.

    Best wishes,
    Arabesque

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this helped! Hope you have a great holiday :)

      Delete