Updated Skincare Routine: Morning

By Unknown - 9:00:00 am

Since I have been getting more and more into skincare lately, my own routine has change up quite a bit. If you've read my previous skincare routines (here and here) then you'll notice that I now use a few different brands and products, although some products remain the same. I feel like I now know a lot more about my skin type (combination, acne prone and at times dehydrated) and how to adapt my routine to catering to that, though I'm quite lazy with my skincare so don't use anything too fussy and in the morning prefer to keep things as simple as possible. Today I'm going to talk you through my morning skincare routine and follow up with my night-time routine in another post. So, onto the skincare.



1. Cleansing - The first step in my routine, both morning and night, is to cleanse. There are a few products that I like to use to cleanse depending on the condition of my skin at that time, at the moment though I've been using The Body Shop Tea Tree Cool and Creamy Wash. I have written a review on this particular cleanser (here) where I go into a little more detail on how I apply and use this, but love this one as it aims to fight blemishes whilst not drying out the skin. 

2. Moisturiser - I always aim to apply my moisturiser around 2 to 5 minutes after cleansing so that the skin really locks in the moisture. In the morning I like to use a moisturiser that sinks in fairly quickly and that sits well underneath my makeup. The moisturiser that I've been using lately is another product by The Body Shop and is their Aloe Soothing Day Cream. This moisturiser is one aimed at sensitive skin so is very gentle and not at all heavy feeling. It sits well under makeup and doesn't leave my combination/oily skin feeling greasy throughout the day. However, on those days that I don't intend on applying makeup I prefer to use something a little heavier and more moisturising so tend to go for Neautrogena's Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Oil-free Moisturiser (Review here). 

3. Prep the lips - Next I use a Lush Lip Scrub if my lips are looking a little dry then pop on a layer of lip balm. I have been really liking the Eos Lip Balm in 'Sweet Mint' lately, and I know that I'm very late on the bandwagon with these ones, and yes I know they are pretty gimmicky but I love how cute the packaging is and surprisingly how moisturising they are on the lips.


As you can tell my morning skincare routine is quick, simple and fuss-free but gets the job done perfectly! It's well suited to my skin type and perfect for those early morning starts. What's your favourite skincare products for the morning?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. I love The Body Shop's Tea Tree range, every product I've tried from it has always been lovely! My skincare routine is pretty simple too but I'm currently loving Priori's Barrier Repair Complex as my moisturiser! :)

    Becki | www.beautyandthebrunette.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBS's Tea Tree range is one of my favourites for acne prone skin! Ive never heard of that one before, will have to check it out, thanks :)

      Delete
  2. My morning routine is pretty much the same, nice and simple. Usually I would also use a serum because my skin can get quite dry and sometimes a hydrating mist. I love The Body Shop products x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me having a simple morning routine is key as I'm usually still half asleep whilst applying product haha! I'd like to try out a hydrating mist sometime soon x

      Delete
  3. I have the Neutrogena one and it's amazing!

    Ivana x
    Block of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to try the Tea Tree face wash! Sounds like a good product

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really lovely face wash, especially if you have acne x

      Delete
  5. I like the sound of the tea tree wash :) my skin loves the stuff but this is something from that range I haven't come across before xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of it until recently and am loving it now!! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you :) It's a great range and so affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Origins face wash because it's got such a fresh slightly minty scent. I'm also a big fan of the Body Shop's tea tree range though I haven't tried the face wash you have from the line so I might need to give that a try! xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard good things about the Tea Tree cleanser! Last summer I started using the BB cream from the range and found that it gave good coverage whilst improving my complexion :) I also love this moisturiser from Neautrogena and the Bubblegum Lush Lip Scrub! Looks like you've got yourself a great routine here x

    Charlotte's Road // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it!! I'll have to try that one out as I've actually been looking for a good BB cream lately x

      Delete